Monday, October 25, 2010

My Skincare Routine

Skin, we all have it and we all have our issues with our own skin... The weather, our diet.... blah, blah... so much affects it, its a full time job taking care of it. I've started a new routine the last few months and its really working for me. I have problem skin (don't we all), its combination, oily t zone everything else is fairly normal, im not sensitive to anything nor do i have any ageing issues as im in my early twenties, i do get breakouts around my chin and jawline and also have a few old fading spots.

So my routine, I cleanse with Effaclar Purifying foaming gel for oily and sensitive skin, i got a jumbo bottle of this for €16 for 400ml, epic value for an excellent product in my opinion. this is great for a gently cleanse to remove dirt and oil etc... in the shower i usually use a st.ives apricot scrub but have recently cut this out and have replaced it with some vegetal sponges i got in boots and it is a much welcome change, i squirt some of the effaclar on the sponge and massage around my face and it does wonders at taking off makeup, my skin has defo improved with this change and is much smoother and clearer than when i was using the effaclar on it's own. These sponges can be thrown in the washing machine and reused so they are really good value and they were only a couple of euro!!!



I skip toner... i dont like to use anything too harsh as i am afraid of stripping my skin of its moisture! i don't thinks its an essential step but if i have lots of make up on i sometimes use toner....

on to the moisture factor!!!! this is the product i have always struggled with, in the past i have used guinot and other expensive brands but to no improvement to my skin, right now im using nivea's oil moisturiser and it does exactly what is says on the tin, its light yet moisturising and doesn't clog my pores... there is spf in my foundation so at the moment i don't use a moisturiser with spf when i wear makeup, when im not wearing makeup which is rare i use a roc moisturiser with spf 15, this is for combination skin and is in the hydra plus range.

at nighttime i use another cost effective product i got in boots, it is a tea tree and which hazel night treatment gel, i've had this in my beauty box for well over a year but the last month i've taken it out and love it, because its a gel it does not build up much gunk in my pores ( sorry thats rotten but had to be said) , its nice and light and at present dont feel i need a heavy night time moisturiser. this got brought out of the box because i had ran out of moisturiser and was frantic looking for something else, im glad im using it again as its really helping with the balance of my skin.

once in awhile i do a deep cleanse and exfoliate and steam followed by a mask. the one i use is queen helene mint julep mask, i ordered this on ebay for under €10 and the bottle is so big i know i'll get my monies worth... it is a green clay mask, i had read so many good things about this on http://www.makeupalley.com/ so i had to buy it. Im so impressed with it for the price, it really does calm down a breakout and is really 'clarifying' my skin... thumbs up for this product.

thats my routine, im going to stick to it for awhile as my skin is improving day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment