Monday, October 25, 2010

M.A.C. Studio Fix Foundation NW20- review

I've been using this since about June now so its time for a review... When i used this first I hated it, regretted buying it and thought it was a waste of my hard earned money. Now its my everday foundation and i love it... how did i go from hating it to loving it, i hear you ask! well i spose with all things we have to give them a chance and after trialling this for a few weeks i began to compare it to other foundations i had used in the past and the pros were winning in favour of studio fix.



to begin, the smell is a bit funny but lets not let that bother us, when it stays put all day without touchups and wears well. I do my makeup at about 8.30 am and may blot with some powder at lunch but this is when i have time to look in the mirror. i usually take it off around 7 or 8, and find that it is after wearing really well and still looks fresh...

the finish is matte which i like but i add my own shimmer to my highpoints afterward... there is spf in it, now in the past ive had problems with a ghostly white face in pictures (el doublewear... im talking about you here! i love you but you dont look good in flash photography) to be honest i wear studio fix and have had no issues with the 'floating head' so bonus points for mac on that front...

i did have to have to buy a pump with this- and didnt like this extra cost but thought it was necessary for hygiene reasons, i have seen however that in one of their new foundations there is an inbuilt pump, this is with the mac pro longwear, which i will defo be buying and trying in time, if anyone has used this please let me know....

anyway on with the review... i think girls with oily/combo skin will like this foundation and even gals with normal skin, i think it would be too thick and not moisturising enough for dry skin girls...

to sum up this is a good all round foundation it does not hold hg status for me but it is pretty dam close... it wears well looks good in pics suits my skin tone and has the perfect amount of coverage to me which i can adjust to my preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment